At Dashblock, we aim at empowering human kind by structuring the world’s information. When you use our service, we need to gather specific data in order to be able extracting and structuring the web content you want in the most convenient way. We really care about processing these data in a secure, transparent and fair way : not under any circumstances we will use it to optimize our revenues through direct monetization or advertising.
This Policy describes the type of information (referred to as “Information”) Datap Inc. (referred to as “we”, “us” or “Dashblock”) collects from people visiting our website (referred to as “Website”) as well as using the different versions of our (referred to as “Apps”). This document also explains how we collect, use and sometime share the Information. By accessing our Website and/or using our Apps (collectively referred to as “Services”), you signify that you have read, understood and agreed to the practices detailed in this Policy.
- “Customer” is a free or paying user of our Services
- “Personal Information” is given the same meaning as in the GDPR : any data relating directly or indirectly to an identifiable data subject. Personal data does not include any data that is anonymized, aggregated, de-identified and/or compiled on a generic basis and which does not name or identify a specific individual, directly or indirectly.
- “Processing” is given the same meaning as in the GDPR : collecting, recording, using, storing, amending, adapting, disclosing, transferring or transmitting, structuring, using, combining, deleting or destroying personal data”
- “Incident” means: (a) a complaint or a request with respect to the exercise of an individual’s rights under the GDPR; (b) an investigation into or seizure of the personal data by government officials, or a specific indication that such an investigation or seizure is imminent; or (c) any breach of the security and/or confidentiality as set out in this Policy leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the personal data, or any indication of such breach having taken place or being about to take place.
- “Terms and Conditions” refer to our special and general arrangement, rule, requirements and standards by which Customer must agree to abide in order to use our Services.
- “Cookie” is a small data file placed on your computer’s hard drive that contains information that allows us to track your activity on the Website.
- “IP address”, or simply an “IP” is a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network. It allows a system to be recognized by other systems connected via the Internet Protocol.
2. How we collect and use data
2.1. Personal information
2.1.1. What do we collect?
a. Information that you provide
We collect personal information that you provide when creating an account or logging to our Services. This information is processed only to the extent strictly necessary for the purpose of delivering our Services, to send you e-mail notifications and depending of your acceptance, newsletter and marketing materials.
b. Information required for the “Authenticated mode”
The authenticated mode allows you to collect data that is only accessible once logged-in to a website. In order to do so, we need to collect and store your internet session information to be able replaying it on our back-end whenever you call the API you created. This information is stored in a highly secured way, and processed only to the extent strictly necessary for the purpose of delivering our Services on website requiring authentication.
By activating the “Authenticated mode” in our Services, you signify that you acknowledged, understood and agreed to this practice.
2.1.2. How we use it?
Your personal information is collected and processed with the best industry standards and in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Dashblock commits to not modify, publish or disclose any personal information to third party, nor allow it to process these data on our behalf unless the third party is bound to similar confidentiality and data handling provisions. Personal information is only accessible by our personnel, contractors or third party providers who require it in order to perform its obligations.
2.1.3. What to do in case of Incident?
Incident related to personal data processing should be promptly notified to the other party. The parties commit to reasonably cooperate in order to investigate and solve the Incident.
In case of data breach, the party responsible for the Incident shall notify the other no later than 24 hours after becoming aware of it. When made to Dashblock, the notification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org contain:
- Incident description, nature (why it happened?) and scope (how many records are concerned?),
- Incident consequences, measures to mitigate its effects and finally solve it,
- Contact name and details for information and cooperation.
2.2. Other information
2.2.1. What do we collect?
We also collect other information than personal ones.
We collect log files and other Information related to the websites you visit while using our Services. This Information may include data related t your web request, IP address, browser type, information about your device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, how you interact with links as well as the day, time and duration of your visit.
c. Analytics data
We also collect analytics data and use third-party tools to measure, qualify and analyze the traffic, usage and users demographics on our Services. These tools collect information related to the pages you visit, how you use the Service, your use of third party applications, and other information of the type set forth above.
2.2.2. How we use it?
All this kind of data is aggregated and used in a collective manner. Dashblock process this information to provide its Services, understand and monitor how you use our Services, as well as audit and analyze our business metrics. We also use this data to improve our Services, monitor the traffic, the general usage patterns and performances.
3. Do we share data?
In some specific cases, we may share data to third parties :
- At your request, if you share information about your use of our Services with others through email or online such has through social media or data storage sites,
- To our affiliates, subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and subsidiaries it owns : these companies will use the Information in the same way as we can under this Policy,
- To our investors so that they may better understand our product and user base.
- To third party service providers that perform services on our behalf and respect the terms of this Policy (for example analytics services),
- If necessary, to specialized third parties in order to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Terms and Conditions, including the investigation of potential violations, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations, (iv) protect us against harm to our rights, property or safety of Dashblock, its users or the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues,
- To other parties inthe event that Dashblock sells substantially all of its assets or one of its business units.
4. Choice related to marketing communication
We offer you to receive newsletter, information about new features and services or promotional emails about our Services. These communications are optional and you can subscribe/unsubscribe of it at any time.
Please note that you can’t unsubscribe of non-promotional messages regarding your account, membership related communications, change to Services’ features or regulatory, technical and security notices.
5. User responsibility related to data collection
This Policy doesn’t intend to describe user’s privacy practices. However, our Services include functionality that allows you to gather and store data from other websites, including potentially personal data about other individuals. By accepting this Policy, you commit to :
- have all necessary rights to extract and process these personal data to the extent required by applicable law,
- ensure that any data subject to consent is extracted and processed only after obtaining the necessary authorization.
Reciprocally, if you believe that someone collected personal information about you, you should contact that user with questions about its practices, and the proofs of the necessary consents.
For additional details, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
6. How do we protect your data?
Your data is protected from unauthorized processing, access or deletion through both digital and physical security measures, as well as internal reviews of our data processing practices.
We restrict access to Information to our employees, service providers and agents who need to know that Information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. Furthermore, we only process the Information for the purposes that it was collected and continuously ensure that we only collect the required data.
7. Persons under the age of 18 years
Our Services are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, and believe that your child may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
If we become aware that a user is a child under the age of 18, we will immediately close the account and remove all personal information from our files.
8. Links to third party websites
Our Services may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we can’t be responsible or liable for their policies.
9. Data access, corrections and deletion
If you have an account to use our Services, we provide you the ability to access, review and change certain personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain personal information for as long as an account is active or as needed to provide our Services. Upon your request or termination of your user account, Dashblock will delete or anonymize your personal information in accordance with our retention policy (no later than 60 days).
10. Effective version and updates to the Policy
This version of the Policy is effective as of August 07th 2019
We reserve the right to modify this Policy and will immediately post the updated version on this page. Continuing to use our Services after we updated this Policy constitutes your consent to the changes.
11. Contacting us
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.